Author Topic: FIMK project status updates  (Read 28378 times)

Lunero on: August 23, 2014, 06:12:48 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Hello, for more fuild interaction with the community, I'm starting a daily project status update. i'll be posting updates real time on this topic, see how it goes.
Right now,
- Dirk is implementing the marketplace that has come in the new nxt version
- I am implementing the SMS api
- Elphanz is mininding the commnity and fine tuning the exchange that i'm programming.
-
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:51:30 AM by Autuus »

dance #1 on: August 23, 2014, 06:47:13 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
What do you think about copying MGW developed for NXT and implement it for FIMK?
Will your exchange include fiat?
Will dgex add fiat?
FIMK: dance

Lunero #2 on: August 23, 2014, 07:54:33 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
What do you think about copying MGW developed for NXT and implement it for FIMK?
Will your exchange include fiat?
Will dgex add fiat?
All new developments on NXT will be ported for FIMK, we have put a lot oftime and energy to make this easy, so yes.
Fiat is included yes.
You will have to ask eliphanz about gdex.

warmach #3 on: August 23, 2014, 09:00:01 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Hello, for more fuild interaction with the community, I'm starting a daily project status update. i'll be posting updates real time on this topic, see how it goes.
Right now,
- Dirk is implementing the marketplace that has come in the new nxt version
- I am implementing the SMS api
- Elphanz is mininding the commnity and fine tuning the exchange that i'm programming.
-

Hi Autuus!  Thanks for attempting to provide information regarding development.  While I trust the team, transparency helps ease the community greatly. 

While I am only a hobby FIMer, I have seen your posts related to development but did not know you were part of the core developer team.  Having Dirk or Eliphaz vouch for you would give your development posts more credibility as they have been the most visible members of the team.
Warmach's Forging Pool
http://fim.warmach.info/pool/
May the forge be with you...

iscy #4 on: August 23, 2014, 09:29:37 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
    • FIM Resources
Work has also been started this week for an easy to use PoS. Our team is taking care of it and we should be able to show something working soon that merchant will be able to use.
FIM-U8JD-ZXA3-F6UH-EE5ZX :: Public Node :: FIM Resources

Lunero #5 on: August 23, 2014, 11:32:23 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Hi Autuus!  Thanks for attempting to provide information regarding development.  While I trust the team, transparency helps ease the community greatly. 

While I am only a hobby FIMer, I have seen your posts related to development but did not know you were part of the core developer team.  Having Dirk or Eliphaz vouch for you would give your development posts more credibility as they have been the most visible members of the team.

My work has been in the shadows until now, my intention is to open 2 exchanges soon, one in africa,  and one in finland. We will see how it goes.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:27:21 AM by Autuus »

Lunero #6 on: August 23, 2014, 11:33:48 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Work has also been started this week for an easy to use PoS. Our team is taking care of it and we should be able to show something working soon that merchant will be able to use.
Maybe I can share my sources with you, save you the trouble, and you can build upon my creation.

dance #7 on: August 23, 2014, 11:36:49 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
My work has been in the shadows until now, my intention is to open 3 exchanges soon, one in africa, one in london, and one in finland. We will see how it goes.
Where exactly in Africa?

dance #8 on: August 23, 2014, 11:40:03 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
All new developments on NXT will be ported for FIMK, we have put a lot oftime and energy to make this easy, so yes.
Fiat is included yes.
You will have to ask eliphanz about gdex.
Well, MGW is 3rd-party development, but based on NXT.

dance #9 on: August 23, 2014, 11:54:19 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Some people from NXT community are making a PoS terminal.

Lunero #10 on: August 24, 2014, 02:28:11 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile

iscy #11 on: August 24, 2014, 05:14:03 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
    • FIM Resources
Maybe I can share my sources with you, save you the trouble, and you can build upon my creation.

You can share information as you see fit, but we are building this as a groundwork for something that will evolve with time. Our plans were laid out in the forum already, feel free to comment!

Eliphaz Fimk #12 on: August 24, 2014, 11:59:23 AM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
Autuus is the vice president of Krypto FIN ry and a technical developer. While not hired full time (none of us is) he has been mostly reserved elsewhere previously. Resources are being shifted to enable his input to more relevantly concern FIMKRYPTO projects.

Very good to hear! Would you like to share progress / plans on your merchant device thread (could be usable to avoid operlapping development) or is it going to be a secret? :)

iscy #13 on: August 24, 2014, 03:35:44 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
    • FIM Resources
Very good to hear! Would you like to share progress / plans on your merchant device thread (could be usable to avoid operlapping development) or is it going to be a secret? :)

Well, for a first milestone, we are implementing the specs we laid out in that thread.

dance #14 on: August 24, 2014, 10:55:46 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Botswana
I'm living in Africa for a year already (though returning to Finland neighboring country for some time in the early September), but in Kenya. Have a bunch of free time here and was thinking could be helpful, but not sure about Botswana..

In Kenya people are very actively using M-Pesa, every ~5th street shop is an agent of it, and almost every adult (from a 40 million population) has used it through his mobile phone.