Author Topic: FIMKrypto Masterplan (development roadmap)  (Read 13732 times)

eRoh #30 on: April 21, 2016, 04:21:35 PM

• Grand Fimker
    • View Profile
Multiple markets give opportunities for arbitrage profits and should in theory increase trading interest.
By the way... Any estimates, when we can use FIMK in the K-supermarket? Any updates on the roadmap?
FIM-34B3-PWY5-TMHC-9JYW8

Eliphaz Fimk #31 on: May 03, 2016, 12:47:18 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
where I can see the current distribution of  Fimkrypto wallets?
Unfortunately such feature doesn't exist on the current software. Anyone is of course free to develop stats like that as they would be highly useful.

You can get some vague hint about stats from the list of largest forgers during the past 24 hours.
https://lompsa.com/#/activity/fim/forgers/latest

Any estimates, when we can use FIMK in the K-supermarket? Any updates on the roadmap?
Such estimates would be naive, the ability to use FIMK as such - "the largest retail chain is now accepting FIMK" - is not a realistic goal by itself. Retail business in Europe accepts EUR. See how many years it has taken for < 0.01% of retail to accept Bitcoin - the first and largest cryptocurrency.

You can already use FIMK nearly everywhere through intermediaries, by selling FIMK for Bitcoin and loading a Xapo or e-coin debit card with Bitcoin, for instance.

The current focus of FIMK is to make a process like that a lot smoother for the users and merchants, so that a part of retail business sector would have low barrier of entry to accept EUR that are moving over the FIMK p2p network.

Updated roadmap is provided soon, watch this space

eRoh #32 on: May 03, 2016, 08:11:12 PM

• Grand Fimker
    • View Profile
You can already use FIMK nearly everywhere through intermediaries, by selling FIMK for Bitcoin and loading a Xapo or e-coin debit card with Bitcoin, for instance.

Good point. At the moment selling a "grocery bag" worth of FIMK would exhaust all outstanding buy offers in CCEDK and the exchange rate would drop to zero . :-D
FIM-34B3-PWY5-TMHC-9JYW8

Eliphaz Fimk #33 on: May 03, 2016, 09:13:04 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
would exhaust all outstanding buy offers in CCEDK
Yes it would temporarily on CCDEK, which is not an authority on FIMK market rates (there's no such yet, but you sure can consider CCDEK rates the most indicative)

exchange rate would drop to zero
That's a misleading statement. Actually FIMK is in such a good position that its exchange rate can't drop to zero (illiquid) for any longer than a short period. If no one else, the association would take care of that at some lingering price point. Need to get rid of 50 million FIMK? No problem, you don't need to give it away. We'll pay cold hard cash of Bitcoin or EUR for it (not talking about the rates now :) )

Blasting the buy offers away has a temporary washout effect, just like CCEDK's periodic offer removal bugs do. Rates are quickly replenished. Repeat blasts certainly have a declining effect on thin / single exchanger markets. However it doesn't destroy the real life usability of FIMK which per se is not dependent on the exchange rate.

By all means, try to buy your $100 grocery basket by liquidating FIMK on CCEDK and see what happens. It's no crime :D

eRoh #34 on: May 04, 2016, 06:08:54 AM

• Grand Fimker
    • View Profile
We'll pay cold hard cash of Bitcoin or EUR for it (not talking about the rates now :) )
I suppose there will be something about that on the roadmap?

By all means, try to buy your $100 grocery basket by liquidating FIMK on CCEDK and see what happens. It's no crime :D
Done. That was fun!
FIM-34B3-PWY5-TMHC-9JYW8

Eliphaz Fimk #35 on: May 04, 2016, 09:01:27 AM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
I suppose there will be something about that on the roadmap?
No, that route of events is not a goal and not part of association's action plan. My statement was an example how FIMK will retain some fiat money value under most circumstances. [The association could certainly buy large amounts of FIMK at very low rates however it's unlikely such circumstances would materialize. Personally I'd buy some at much higher levels because I'm convinced FIMK is worth a lot more. There are people who think likewise.]

OrgiOrg #36 on: May 30, 2016, 03:36:28 PM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
More detailed roadmap will be prepared and published for the association's yearly meeting that's held in late April.

so it's late May and i don't see a more detailed roadmap ...

Eliphaz Fimk #37 on: May 30, 2016, 09:30:02 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
so it's late May and i don't see a more detailed roadmap ...
Preliminary roadmap was shown and some confidential information disclosed for the association's yearly meeting (open for all members) participants a month ago. We're in the midst of great changes and have a lot of work at hand - the routes FIMK is going to take are gonna be clarified during the weeks ahead. Within the next week or so the main news are released, after which the details will be formed along with the process.

Eliphaz Fimk #38 on: June 30, 2016, 11:31:51 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
Some limited but interesting news have been released in a new thread:

FIMK core technology evolves to a new venture