Author Topic: [For Dollux 10 000 FIMK] prepare FIMK logo for print  (Read 18537 times)

Eliphaz Fimk on: September 17, 2014, 10:11:36 AM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
Please provide edited higher resolution images for the FIMKrypto rebrand logo and coin:

The symbol needs to be standardized to more resemble this one

However please streamline the logo by providing different variations of the dimensions:

- make neck thickness uniform
- use symmetry wherever possible
- use the neck angle of the latter image
- change leg angle to exactly 90 degrees or lower, adjust top and bottom right legs to match symmetrically in their extent to right

Then have the final version shaded and embossed like the first one above.

Change coin to have uniform rim area and font suitable for high res printing. The current rim is blurry and font is hollow with just shades visible.

Thank you! :)

gvans #1 on: September 17, 2014, 04:02:22 PM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
Here is something that might ease the process. I have it vectorised (as I proposed the enhanced version originally). Here's one modified pdf vector image, solid and outline. This can be rasterized in any scale, modified etc.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18301977/gvans%20fimk%20outline%20and%20solid.pdf

edit: updated pdf with thicker vertical body
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:46:48 PM by gvans »

Dollux #2 on: September 17, 2014, 08:16:46 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Please provide edited higher resolution images for the FIMKrypto rebrand logo and coin:

The symbol needs to be standardized to more resemble this one

However please streamline the logo by providing different variations of the dimensions:

- make neck thickness uniform
- use symmetry wherever possible
- use the neck angle of the latter image
- change leg angle to exactly 90 degrees or lower, adjust top and bottom right legs to match symmetrically in their extent to right

Then have the final version shaded and embossed like the first one above.

Change coin to have uniform rim area and font suitable for high res printing. The current rim is blurry and font is hollow with just shades visible.

Thank you! :)

Hi Eliphaz Fimk,

I have no problems with doing more work on this but I do feel that perhaps gvans should be offered some form of reward for his efforts seeing as he was the originator of this final symbol shape.

Perhaps this has already been done and I am not aware of that but if not then I think it should at least be considered. 

No offence intended but trying to explain a visual image with text is often difficult and I am not sure that I understand what you are saying exactly.

I will do what I think you are saying and then post it here for your critical analysis, if that is good with you.

Thank you, Dollux.

Eliphaz Fimk #3 on: September 17, 2014, 08:59:52 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
Gvans will be paid a bounty for helping out and initiating the redesign as well. You guys may cooperate for best results.

The Gvans pdf image is nice on the part of the right side justification of the legs, but lacks the rest of my verbal suggestions and subtle adjustments some already present in the initial post, namely:

- 90 degrees leg span
- neck bulge removed
- vertical hands centered (moved left)
- vertical hands moved downwards

Thanks.

Dollux #4 on: September 17, 2014, 11:21:36 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Gvans will be paid a bounty for helping out and initiating the redesign as well. You guys may cooperate for best results.

The Gvans pdf image is nice on the part of the right side justification of the legs, but lacks the rest of my verbal suggestions and subtle adjustments some already present in the initial post, namely:

- 90 degrees leg span
- neck bulge removed
- vertical hands centered (moved left)
- vertical hands moved downwards

Thanks.

Hi Eliphaz Fimk,

OK thanks for update, I am happy about Gvans.

Is this any closer to what you want, see link below.

http://i.imgur.com/AyoKarQ.png

I will perfect the details once I have the correct overall shape.

Thank you.

Dollux #5 on: September 18, 2014, 02:38:18 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Hi Eliphaz,

after reading what you have posted again I think you might be meaning like this.

Please see link below.

http://i.imgur.com/0iWVfGg.png

Thanks.

Dollux #6 on: September 18, 2014, 03:38:34 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Hi Eliphaz,

I am sorry if this seems like I am being insulting towards you but honestly I am not doing so intentionally.

This diagram is intended to help us communicate better and understand each other correctly.

Thank you.

Eliphaz Fimk #7 on: September 18, 2014, 12:09:51 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
Unfortunately both of the new drafts are further away from what we wish to achieve.

Gvans, you seem to be on the ball with this, could you help us get what we need regarding the symbol? There's SO little to adjust!

Dollux #8 on: September 18, 2014, 05:25:53 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile

Eliphaz Fimk #9 on: September 18, 2014, 10:15:35 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
The neck bulge is gone. Good. But the head is too long, the leg angle wrong, and the hands not the proper way.

Please pay attention to the following, which has the proportions nearly the way we want.

- angle A is 45 degrees
- angle B is 90 degrees or just slightly more
- head and right leg extend almost to the same level at line C (head can be a few pixels left if it grows too long)
- please fix the legs in my draft to have the same form as your drafts. Not the angle, just the form (the toes part). Have the crotch slightly cut upwards from below as in my draft.

Notice the positioning, space, and extent of hands. It's nearly ideal in the draft above.

These things are what I mean by symmetry :)

Dollux #10 on: September 19, 2014, 01:05:25 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Hi Eliphaz,

this below is what we have, I don't expect it is correct yet but it must be getting closer as I have made the inside leg 90 degrees and the angle of the head 45 degrees, I have lined the head and right leg up along line C as instructed.  The left leg is longer than the right leg, this is because it can't be 90 degrees inside and line up along line C without loosing it's length in comparison to the left leg.

I await further instruction, thank you.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 01:24:20 AM by Dollux »

Eliphaz Fimk #11 on: September 19, 2014, 02:58:48 AM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
Could you just magnify my small example and take it from there on, fixing the toes and polishing the rough edges left over from the size increase?

The left leg is longer than the right leg, this is because it can't be 90 degrees inside and line up along line C without loosing it's length in comparison to the left leg.
This evades my understanding... :) but never mind. There are several issues in your latest draft, namely body width, hands spacing, leg thickness. Please try to use my draft as the basis.

The leg angle of my draft is fine, as 90 degrees exactly gives an optical illusion of looking thinner than 90.

Dollux #12 on: September 19, 2014, 05:04:44 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Hi Eliphaz,

here you go a more detailed version of your image.

Lunero #13 on: September 19, 2014, 05:45:41 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
I like the draft that had one leg longer than the other.

Dollux #14 on: September 19, 2014, 05:50:56 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
I like the draft that had one leg longer than the other.

Funny enough I did as well because it was not completely symmetrical and odd, ha, ha.

I just don't like nice tidy little boxes so to speak.   :D