Author Topic: [For Dollux 10 000 FIMK] prepare FIMK logo for print  (Read 16576 times)

Dollux #15 on: September 19, 2014, 05:51:46 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile

This evades my understanding... :) but never mind.

In my image both inside and outside leg are 90 degree angles so they create parallel lines with each other.

In your image the outside leg is not 90 degrees so it is not parallel with the inside leg thus it does not shorten.

I did say it is difficult trying to explain images with text/words, a picture paints a thousand words they say and most likely many more than that.

Anyway I think we are getting there at least.

Thanks. 

Eliphaz Fimk #16 on: September 19, 2014, 01:04:40 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
here you go a more detailed version of your image.
Why are the hands moved?

I have attempted to point in red the issues that we would like to improve in your latest draft. Toetips should be exactly like the head top. Please update and keep in mind we don't want any sharp angles.

Dollux #17 on: September 19, 2014, 01:56:16 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Hi Eliphaz,

Do you really think I am going to get that far ahead of my self and put details in without getting the overall shape correct, ha, ha, LOL.

I will get on with those details later, rounded corners and no sharp angles no problem but I doubt you will get the feet or toes exactly like the other one that I did because the angle of the outside leg does not allow it I don't think, I will give it a try but I have already tried without success. 

Dollux #18 on: September 20, 2014, 02:09:52 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:32:37 PM by Dollux »

Dollux #19 on: September 20, 2014, 08:31:18 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 06:13:15 AM by Dollux »

Eliphaz Fimk #20 on: September 21, 2014, 07:57:46 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
That's quite good and will do for now... after you lower the hands about 5 pixels :)

Please proceed with that to prepare the off-white coin with solid outer rim and versions with / without text.

The coin should be as large as the symbol draft to allow for print quality. Gvans could do a scalable version but he seems to have gone fishing.

Edit: if you can try how it looks when the head and legs are the mirror images of each other (angle and thickness) and right leg extent aligns with head's extent to the right vertical alignment line, it would be nice  ;)

Edit2: Leg thickness should be between your two latest drafts and inner angle more than 90 degrees (the first version is better for the angle).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:09:00 PM by Eliphaz Fimk »

J #21 on: September 21, 2014, 08:28:10 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
I can somehow imagine that like whooper swan, what is national bird of finland :D

Dollux #22 on: September 22, 2014, 01:10:01 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
That's quite good and will do for now... after you lower the hands about 5 pixels :)

Arms exactly 5 pixels lower.

Dollux #23 on: September 22, 2014, 01:23:13 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Edit: if you can try how it looks when the head and legs are the mirror images of each other (angle and thickness) and right leg extent aligns with head's extent to the right vertical alignment line, it would be nice  ;)

Edit2: Leg thickness should be between your two latest drafts and inner angle more than 90 degrees (the first version is better for the angle).

I have not changed the thickness of the legs because now that the image has changed, so has the perception of the legs, as well as the angle between them it is more than 90 degrees. If you decide to go ahead with this as a final image then perhaps you can give instruction on changing the leg thickness but my opinion is that they would also need to be longer if you where going to make them thicker but that would completely defeat the object of them being mirror reflections. 

Dollux #24 on: September 22, 2014, 02:56:21 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
This is the mirrored version with the legs slightly thickened by about 3 pixels tapering from the top of them. 

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:57:18 AM by Dollux »

Eliphaz Fimk #25 on: September 22, 2014, 06:52:08 AM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
I agree the symmetry between legs and head doesn't bode well. There's a kind of optical illusion involved which requires larger legs.

Your first draft from my edit is quite good, all it likely requires is thinning the legs slightly by cutting from the crotch (the red dot indicates this) and the neck bulge removed as you did for the second draft.

Please move the hands with whole upper part about 10 pix down, changing all the 8 angles involved with hand attachment to sharp edges.

Sorry for tossing around different ways, but we'll be better off making it satisfactory from the beginning.

Just pasting these for comparison here to see how badly the legs are changed actually to worse if vertical symmetry is required.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 07:17:19 AM by Eliphaz Fimk »

Dollux #26 on: September 22, 2014, 01:38:33 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
I agree the symmetry between legs and head doesn't bode well. There's a kind of optical illusion involved which requires larger legs.

Your first draft from my edit is quite good, all it likely requires is thinning the legs slightly by cutting from the crotch (the red dot indicates this) and the neck bulge removed as you did for the second draft.

Please move the hands with whole upper part about 10 pix down, changing all the 8 angles involved with hand attachment to sharp edges.

Sorry for tossing around different ways, but we'll be better off making it satisfactory from the beginning.

Just pasting these for comparison here to see how badly the legs are changed actually to worse if vertical symmetry is required.

As requested.

Eliphaz Fimk #27 on: September 22, 2014, 04:39:53 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
That's the one we want! Or rather, this (adjusted hands position and length)

Please use my fixed version and proceed with the coin logo.

EDITED second draft posted above, shortening hands more.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:44:58 PM by Eliphaz Fimk »

Dollux #28 on: September 22, 2014, 08:08:40 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Hi Eliphaz,

How big is the biggest piece of work you want? I realize that you want various sizes for printing and other uses but what I think I need to be working on from now on is the biggest size you will want because my mind tells me it is easy to scale down without images pixelating but it is not possible to scale up unless using a very high quantity of pixels.

Thanks.

Eliphaz Fimk #29 on: September 23, 2014, 06:55:16 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
Double the above size should be fine.

Fonts and texts etc. need to be designed to look good for web use, then enlarged.