Author Topic: [For Dollux 10 000 FIMK] prepare FIMK logo for print  (Read 19093 times)

Dollux #30 on: September 23, 2014, 08:41:07 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Double the above size should be fine.

Fonts and texts etc. need to be designed to look good for web use, then enlarged.

OK thanks, hows this for a coin base please see below.

I personally feel that just creating text and fonts in isolation from the environment in which they will exist is not a good idea because they will change in relation to their surroundings.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:52:35 PM by Dollux »

Dollux #31 on: September 24, 2014, 03:18:08 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:18:32 PM by Dollux »

Eliphaz Fimk #32 on: September 24, 2014, 01:27:58 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
Please see my intermediate version for the base color:

- thicker bezel
- Light gray, both with and without slight gradient
- for the version without gradient, have the bezel uniform without lighting effects
- for the slight lighting effect have one double halo, not two as it makes the material look like paper
- copy the symbol color, try a version with and without bezel / emboss
- try another thicker font for FIMKRYPTO, add 2014 to the bottom.

Thanks.

Dollux #33 on: September 24, 2014, 10:57:28 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Please see my intermediate version for the base color:

- thicker bezel
- Light gray, both with and without slight gradient
- for the version without gradient, have the bezel uniform without lighting effects
- for the slight lighting effect have one double halo, not two as it makes the material look like paper
- copy the symbol color, try a version with and without bezel / emboss
- try another thicker font for FIMKRYPTO, add 2014 to the bottom.

Thanks.

All 3 ideas with thicker font and 2014.

The O at the end of FIMKRYPTO distorts when the word is formed into a curve, all of the letters distort into a slight perspective effect, like looking from the top down when they are curved, this is more apparent with thicker font. 

Eliphaz Fimk #34 on: September 24, 2014, 11:40:28 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
Please use colors like in my intermediate draft, and a font with serif.

The symbol could be almost but not quite as dark as in the intermediate.

The font used in the intermediate is rather fine, especially the FIMKRYPTO part which looks like it's engraved. The 2014 part needs some silver-ish tuning.

Dollux #35 on: September 25, 2014, 04:59:26 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Please use colors like in my intermediate draft, and a font with serif.

The symbol could be almost but not quite as dark as in the intermediate.

The font used in the intermediate is rather fine, especially the FIMKRYPTO part which looks like it's engraved. The 2014 part needs some silver-ish tuning.

"Please use colors like in my intermediate draft, and a font with serif." The intermediate draft is too small to see enough detail but it looks remarkably like this one below furthest left with the white area made a pale grey and some embossing done on the symbol making it slightly different from the original. If that is what it is then I have used the embossing from the original and made a new date using the same methods.

Dollux #36 on: September 25, 2014, 07:03:55 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile

BlackFor3st #37 on: September 25, 2014, 10:39:28 AM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
One that I like.

Hi,

i like that, too.
Maybe it would look better if the edge of the coin would be blue.

Edit: And blue Letters & Numbers, similar to this:

simakki #38 on: September 25, 2014, 11:57:18 AM

• Fimker
    • View Profile
Will that be an official logo? Hmm... I would leave the coin out of it, that's lookin terrible. Gonna be a helluva job to market FIMK and maybe even harder with this logo...

Dollux #39 on: September 25, 2014, 01:46:24 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Will that be an official logo? Hmm... I would leave the coin out of it, that's lookin terrible. Gonna be a helluva job to market FIMK and maybe even harder with this logo...

Interesting so what would you use if it was not a coin type logo?

If I was using a coin myself then it would have to look like a real coin not some plastic representation of a coin, although I like the one I have said I like it is the symbol that  I like and the lettering not the plastic looking disc shape and I am actually experimenting with my own thoughts on this.

Dollux #40 on: September 25, 2014, 04:20:01 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
I like this now, it's not finished but I like the idea.

simakki #41 on: September 25, 2014, 04:34:02 PM

• Fimker
    • View Profile
Interesting so what would you use if it was not a coin type logo?

If I was using a coin myself then it would have to look like a real coin not some plastic representation of a coin, although I like the one I have said I like it is the symbol that  I like and the lettering not the plastic looking disc shape and I am actually experimenting with my own thoughts on this.

Yep, i don't think we need that disc shape, just the simple symbol like the one below.

Dollux #42 on: September 25, 2014, 05:07:05 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Yep, i don't think we need that disc shape, just the simple symbol like the one below.

Thanks for getting back to this.

Eliphaz Fimk #43 on: September 25, 2014, 06:13:11 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
There's no such thing as official logo. Depending on the definition, the form of the symbol may be considered official and that we already have.

The coin is required for various materials, both for the web where a round coin-like image is the standard to represent a cryptocurrency, and for some offline material. It's for these purposes the round shape is needed.

It seems the symbol's variations are evolving well, I like the ridge on the symbol and 3d looks. But we still need an actual coin, this is the closest we have

but I may need to use this as a reference to source some metallic coin design from elsewhere. Feel free to chime in with any suggestions and variations that people are free to use... Dollux is paid the reward when he feels he has done enough :)

Zska #44 on: September 25, 2014, 08:51:19 PM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile