Author Topic: Multiplatform assets?  (Read 2302 times)

id-entti-tentti on: September 29, 2014, 12:38:39 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
There are already several coins/platforms for asset creation and exchange - NXT, Counterparty, FIMK etc.

What about the possibility to trade the same asset over multiple AE's? E.g. if I create asset 'MyProduct' in FIMK AE but want to sell MyProduct also in other AE in trustworthy manner, as single independent asset and not multiple different platform dependent assets?

The only suggestion for tech solution that I can now think of, is to use Ripple protocol. Other thoughts?

FIM-K56K-6XHL-DWT8-ANWN9
NXT-73NA-CWA6-KHV5-65HPC

Eliphaz Fimk #1 on: September 29, 2014, 12:50:18 AM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
KISS - Just divide the total amount of assets between the different platforms and list them with the same name and issuer.

Is that not workable?

J #2 on: September 29, 2014, 01:01:45 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Well, I guess supernetwork will be also available for everyone who wants to participate in future :)

id-entti-tentti #3 on: September 29, 2014, 02:15:55 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
KISS - Just divide the total amount of assets between the different platforms and list them with the same name and issuer.

Is that not workable?

It's workable but could be better (less work ;)).

I gotta start from simple to be able to begin to comprehehend more complicated. So e.g. if my asset is a potato that I have grown, I'm putting that potato on sell on FIMK, NXT and XCP AE's. The asset is sold on FIMK AE and before I have time to manually cancel it on the other two AE, it is sold also on both of them (e.g while I sleep). I have sold 3 potato assets and I have only 1 potato, two buyers not happy at all, express their opinion publicly, etc...  If there was way automatically transmit info from one AE to others, so that when the potato is sold, the sell orders in other AE gets cancelled, that would be better. Number of assets/potatoes is not essential, same if I have 3 potatoes and all of them get sold at one AE at same time. The solution of having 3 potatoes and putting one on sale on each of the AE is workable but not ideal.

The tech problem of linking info from one block chain to another is not simple - sync of differently timed block chains remains unresolved math problem. Ripple protocol is ancient and tested decentralized third party trust system, and could function as desired also in this context.
FIM-K56K-6XHL-DWT8-ANWN9
NXT-73NA-CWA6-KHV5-65HPC

id-entti-tentti #4 on: September 29, 2014, 02:22:04 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Well, I guess supernetwork will be also available for everyone who wants to participate in future :)

I was wondering about that too, but don't really understand how SuperNET is supposed to work. Hope it will become awesome, but also bit worried that it - and so much else - is practically on the shoulders of just one guy (james).

If you understand it better, can you explain very simply how SuperNET would solve the potato asset problem/wish as described above?
FIM-K56K-6XHL-DWT8-ANWN9
NXT-73NA-CWA6-KHV5-65HPC

id-entti-tentti #5 on: September 29, 2014, 02:38:43 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
PS: some current trivia from http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/:

There are about 1000 FIMK accounts
There are about 55 000 NXT accounts.
There are about 5000 Counterwallets (with XCP, wallets with no XCP but with BTC and assets not listed in block explorer on coinmarketcap)
Top NXT assets are all created by james/jl777
Top XCP asset is Swarm, there are about 1000 accounts with Swarm

A simple snapshot that gives some idea about current situation. Will be interesting after some time to take another snapshot.
FIM-K56K-6XHL-DWT8-ANWN9
NXT-73NA-CWA6-KHV5-65HPC

dance #6 on: September 29, 2014, 03:15:48 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
What about the possibility to trade the same asset over multiple AE's?

The only suggestion for tech solution that I can now think of, is to use Ripple protocol. Other thoughts?
Ripple is a 3rd party here.

So you can use any form of 3rd party.
You can automatically create/cancel sell orders, so that it will exist only on one platform at any given moment of time.
You can just wait for buy orders and sell on them.
FIMK: dance

J #7 on: September 29, 2014, 10:46:08 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
I was wondering about that too, but don't really understand how SuperNET is supposed to work. Hope it will become awesome, but also bit worried that it - and so much else - is practically on the shoulders of just one guy (james).

If you understand it better, can you explain very simply how SuperNET would solve the potato asset problem/wish as described above?
I dont understand it either, but I thought you can put assets in sale just for in one currency and others can buy them directly or through exchange with other currencies. That is just what I am hoping it will be.

nilux #8 on: September 29, 2014, 02:21:35 PM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
I don't think multiplatform assets will solve any problem as most of us keep an eye on many asset platforms anyway. In the future we will collectively agree on one of the platforms (maybe the most flexible one), and most of the stuff will happen there. Even if we don't, when all these gen2 platforms take over the world, there will be enough money on each of them to cater for even the biggest needs. Then you just choose the best one.

Is the need for "multiplatform" issuance to reach a bigger crowd (more money) or something else?

id-entti-tentti #9 on: September 29, 2014, 02:50:47 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
I don't think multiplatform assets will solve any problem as most of us keep an eye on many asset platforms anyway. In the future we will collectively agree on one of the platforms (maybe the most flexible one), and most of the stuff will happen there. Even if we don't, when all these gen2 platforms take over the world, there will be enough money on each of them to cater for even the biggest needs. Then you just choose the best one.

Is the need for "multiplatform" issuance to reach a bigger crowd (more money) or something else?

No need that I'm aware of :D, but actually the question did come to mind in relation to SuperNET and crowdfunding. More generally, easy and trustworthy communication between various blockchain ecosystems is the bigger question. If there ever will be BIScoin, One Platform To Rule Them All, dunno, but any case not going to happen very soon.

FIM-K56K-6XHL-DWT8-ANWN9
NXT-73NA-CWA6-KHV5-65HPC

J #10 on: September 29, 2014, 03:28:16 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
...And I dont own supernet assets, but a little bit of atomic assets.

J #11 on: September 29, 2014, 04:44:01 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
...And I dont own supernet assets, but a little bit of atomic assets.
Atomic will be blockchain connecting to other blockchains inside supernet, if it will ever come true.