Author Topic: Introducing MOFOWALLET.com  (Read 23957 times)

Dirk Diggler on: November 01, 2014, 04:28:52 AM

• FIMK Staff
    • View Profile
    • Krypto Fin ry
We are proud to introduce to you...

With Mofo we want to set a new standard for second generation crypto clients. Mofo can be used on your desktop but works just as well in your web browser and even on your mobile or other smaller devices** Running Mofo in your browser gives you the freedom of quick and secure access to your FIMK and NXT accounts, install Mofo on your desktop (on OSX, Windows or Linux) and you'll be able to run your own full node and even use Mofo to forge blocks.

Mofo came to life after realizing no more than 2 months ago that the FIMK Community Client was not going to create the community involvement we were aiming for. It was simply too much and too complex that made it impossible to find contributors. After some discussion we came to the conclusion that there was need for a lower barrier of entry. We believe that if you have a new and innovative idea (and there are plenty of those in the crypto communities) it should be relatively easy to make that idea into a product and share that with others.

Mofo aims to make this possible.

Mofo was made to be extended. There are hooks in Mofo for software developers to integrate their own plugins. For this a considerable amount of time was spent on building various tools for plugin authors like the database inspector and the public node observer (and others). Plugin authors will find a full stack of components consisting of a database-, presentation- and network-layer all ready for them to quickly built any piece of software they can imagine that runs on one of the supported blockchains. And if you are in need of inspiration, simply look at the Mofo source code and you'll see that Mofo itself was made up of plugins entirely.

To list all the features in mofo would be too much for one post but I'll give it a try anyway.

* encrypted wallet.dat (compatible between desktop and web versions)
* HTTPS everywhere
* multi currency (currently FIMK and NXT)
* built in block explorer
* multi account
* client side signatures everywhere (except to start and stop forging your private keys never leave your app or browser)
* runs as full-node (desktop versions embed both FIMK and NXT server editions)
* runs as thin client (no need to wait for the blockchain to download - Mofo works everywhere and always)
* public node manager (API servers) (watch live what public nodes are active, add and/or remove public nodes)
* contacts manager
* send payments
* send messages
* starts+stop forging
* namespaced alias support (our new FIMK feauture)
* and much much more ... (i need sleep  ???)

As was stated with the FIMK 0.3 release Mofo is supposed to become the FIMKrypto default client and will in the future be shipped with new server releases. But until all functionality of the old client has been ported to Mofo we will keep shipping that with the server releases.

Next up for Mofo will be the Asset Exchange which I'm actually pretty excited about, we have planned one full week to implement that. Lets see what can be done in a week.

** Some minor bugs prevent the current release to display correctly when viewed on small devices. Making Mofo work again on small devices has high priority.

Dirk
FIMK Developer | GPG fingerprint: CEF2 7C39 43BE 6800 504E  71BC 7E87 A7B0 AC34 E2D5 | mofowallet.com | blog

Lunero #1 on: November 01, 2014, 06:44:33 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Wow, this add's shit loads of content to fimk. 

Ascensionh #2 on: November 01, 2014, 06:54:00 AM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
Nice work! Made the waiting worthwhile  :)

Links still dont work on Mofowallet.com page but just go to:
https://github.com/fimkrypto/mofowallet/releases and you can download MW

gaianhuuto #3 on: November 01, 2014, 07:15:40 AM

• Grand Fimker
    • View Profile
TurnTrips.poker - Ässät pöytään ja kryptovaluutat jakoon.

rommaz #4 on: November 01, 2014, 08:11:14 AM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
Tried to forge with Mofowallet, but unsuccessfully.

I've started the server through mofowallet.
But when i'm trying to start forging I get the error message: "Unexpected error. Blocked sending of secrethrase to unknown host".

gaianhuuto #5 on: November 01, 2014, 08:16:51 AM

• Grand Fimker
    • View Profile
I think your blockchain hasn't finished loading? Look at the progress bar in the downright corner.

rommaz #6 on: November 01, 2014, 08:33:43 AM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
I think your blockchain hasn't finished loading? Look at the progress bar in the downright corner.

In the downright corner I see the mark that the server is ON.
When I'm click it,  there is shown the actual last block in the blockchain.

gaianhuuto #7 on: November 01, 2014, 08:45:04 AM

• Grand Fimker
    • View Profile
Choose 'localhost' in the forging window (server option) and try again.

rommaz #8 on: November 01, 2014, 08:46:27 AM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile

I think you were right. Now it works fine. Thanks!

But there is another question.
Could there be any issues if I'm running the java fimk server 0.3 at the same time on the same machine?

gaianhuuto #9 on: November 01, 2014, 09:02:07 AM

• Grand Fimker
    • View Profile
There's no need in running it simultaneously.

Dirk Diggler #10 on: November 01, 2014, 10:54:49 AM

• FIMK Staff
    • View Profile
    • Krypto Fin ry
Links still dont work on Mofowallet.com page but just go to:
https://github.com/fimkrypto/mofowallet/releases and you can download MW

Good catch thanks. It was very late last night. Fixing that now.
FIMK Developer | GPG fingerprint: CEF2 7C39 43BE 6800 504E  71BC 7E87 A7B0 AC34 E2D5 | mofowallet.com | blog

Naakeri #11 on: November 01, 2014, 07:42:23 PM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
Latasin tuon työpöytä walletin. Lisäsin olemassa olevan accountin, laitoin ID:n mutta en salasanaa. Sanoo että "couldn't load account", varmaan koska en laittanut salasanaa.

Jos yritän lisätä saman accountin uudestaan niin herjaa että account on jo lisätty, en keksi mistä pääsisin siihen jo lisättyyn käsiksi?

Edit: Sorry kun tungin suomea englanninkieliseen threadiin, huomasin vasta kun olin lähettänyt.

Eliphaz Fimk #12 on: November 01, 2014, 08:10:42 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
To remove account, click the dropdown menu on the account number on right and select "Remove".

Or delete database from Settings / database and reload browser.

shenjie #13 on: November 02, 2014, 12:46:08 AM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
http://zl.yibite.com/course/2014/1102/24577.shtml

Has translated into Chinese. 翻译成中文啦!

Eliphaz Fimk #14 on: November 02, 2014, 12:23:21 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
Good work shenjie :)