Author Topic: Introducing MOFOWALLET.com  (Read 23291 times)

Dirk Diggler #15 on: November 04, 2014, 12:37:30 AM

• FIMK Staff
    • View Profile
    • Krypto Fin ry
The http://mofowallet.com website has undergone a major facelift last sunday.

The next step is to add blogging functionality to share instructions for plugin authors, user manuals/instructions and random thoughts about FIMKrypto and cryptoos in general. Hopefully there is time for that soon.

The website was made with Jekyll and bootstrap for anyone wondering.

Dirk
FIMK Developer | GPG fingerprint: CEF2 7C39 43BE 6800 504E  71BC 7E87 A7B0 AC34 E2D5 | mofowallet.com | blog

Dirk Diggler #16 on: November 04, 2014, 01:29:52 AM

• FIMK Staff
    • View Profile
    • Krypto Fin ry
Copied https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633304.msg9428841#msg9428841

To send NXT or FIM to an account without a public key you should use it's publish address. This is a new address format available in http://mofowallet.com and can be easily created by appending a : and the public key after the account number. Mofo wallet will recognize this and get the public key from that address. Users with new accounts should click "Receive FIM" or "Receive NXT" to initialize their accounts.

This is what you see for an account without public key

Click "Receive FIM"

Click "Help me out" and you get

Or click "I know what i'm doing" and you get the publish address

Click on all the "What is that" and "tell me more" links for further instructions.

For accounts with a public key clicking "Receive FIM" (or NXT in this case) will simply give your address.

FIMK Developer | GPG fingerprint: CEF2 7C39 43BE 6800 504E  71BC 7E87 A7B0 AC34 E2D5 | mofowallet.com | blog

Primitive #17 on: November 04, 2014, 02:55:55 AM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
why is it called "Mofo" ?

J #18 on: November 04, 2014, 03:30:44 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
I don't know reason, but that means "mother fucker", what is gansta term :D

Polarpanda #19 on: November 04, 2014, 09:19:04 AM

• Fimker
    • View Profile
It look very nice! Thanks for the hard work!

I logged on to the online wallet (https://wallet.fimk.fi/) yesterday and later got a warning from Firefox that it's trying to store more than 50MB of data on my computer for offline use. If the online wallet downloads huge amounts data it would be nice to know about that in advance - I mean before I'm somewhere accessing the online wallet with data roaming costs. Now I can't open the online wallet until I accept the 50MB+ download that actually can be what amount?

Dirk Diggler #20 on: November 04, 2014, 09:32:14 AM

• FIMK Staff
    • View Profile
    • Krypto Fin ry

Multicurrency Operating Financiall Offspring

The offspring  refers to a to a previous project. Mofo is the un official re├»ncarnation of Offspring

Polarpanda #21 on: November 04, 2014, 09:57:03 AM

• Fimker
    • View Profile
I tried downloading the zip from Github. This is what I got:

$ ./run.sh
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: nxt/Nxt
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: nxt.Nxt
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
   at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

Next I tried downloading the Mofowallet . Clicking Start Server gives me this:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: nxt/Nxt : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:637)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:621)
   at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)

MofoWallet Server Stopped

I'm using OSX Yosemite 10.10.

Dirk Diggler #22 on: November 04, 2014, 12:03:26 PM

• FIMK Staff
    • View Profile
    • Krypto Fin ry
Next I tried downloading the Mofowallet . Clicking Start Server gives me this:

MofoWallet Server Stopped

I'm using OSX Yosemite 10.10.

You have java 6 instead of the required 7.

Dirk Diggler #23 on: November 04, 2014, 12:32:59 PM

• FIMK Staff
    • View Profile
    • Krypto Fin ry
I logged on to the online wallet (https://wallet.fimk.fi/) yesterday and later got a warning from Firefox that it's trying to store more than 50MB of data on my computer for offline use. If the online wallet downloads huge amounts data it would be nice to know about that in advance - I mean before I'm somewhere accessing the online wallet with data roaming costs. Now I can't open the online wallet until I accept the 50MB+ download that actually can be what amount?

Mofowallet uses an indexedDB database which is available in modern browsers. The database is always consulted for existing data (transactions or blocks already downloaded) if it's in the database then there is no need to download it of course. If it's not in the database that data is downloaded from the network. When you add an account, mofo wallet will one time download all it's transactions. This was done to give a faster experience when you later switch between pages of transactions they'll then show up instantly. Also leaving open the blockexplorer will constantly fetch new transactions and blocks from the network to show them on the screen, later those blocks and transactions are available instantly.

You have a point that excess data usage while on a roaming plan is unacceptable. We're are however looking into methods to bring down the number requests and by that the data usage, the goal is as little requests as possible it will likely have a big impact on ui responsiveness too.

Some info:
# By default in Firefox 4, a site can use up to 50MB of IndexedDB storage.  If it tries to use more than 50MB, Firefox will ask the user for permission

# In Firefox for mobile devices (Google Android and Nokia Maemo), Firefox will ask for permission if a site tries to use more than 5MB

# Firefox has no limit on the IndexedDB database's size. The user interface will just ask permission for storing blobs bigger than 50 MB. This size quota can be customized through the dom.indexedDB.warningQuota preference

The database in mofowallet.com does take some space but I don't think it will get that big. If it's size does become a problem code can be added to clean it up by deleting old data.
There is a  Database Tool available in mofowallet with which you can  inspect what is in the database or to delete data objects or whole tables, it is available from Settings / Database menu.

Polarpanda #24 on: November 04, 2014, 02:52:09 PM

• Fimker
    • View Profile
You have java 6 instead of the required 7.

Ok, I thought installed version 8 before and now did it again. Version 8 what Oracle automatically suggest for my OS. This is my browser after install: You have the recommended Java installed (Version 8 Update 25).
and this is the shell now:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: nxt/Nxt
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: nxt.Nxt
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)

but no worries, I can take another look at this later.

Polarpanda #25 on: November 04, 2014, 03:21:16 PM

• Fimker
    • View Profile
Some info:
The database in mofowallet.com does take some space but I don't think it will get that big. If it's size does become a problem code can be added to clean it up by deleting old data.
There is a  Database Tool available in mofowallet with which you can  inspect what is in the database or to delete data objects or whole tables, it is available from Settings / Database menu.

For some reason I keep getting the 50MB warning. If this is the database, looks like it could be over 50MB?

$ du
102656   ./Profiles/6u850szr.default/storage/persistent/https+++wallet.fimk.fi/idb

I deleted the databaase from Firefox and now it shows:

$ du
0   ./Profiles/6u850szr.default/storage/persistent/https+++wallet.fimk.fi/idb

Restarting now, lets see how big it grows.. :-)

Dirk Diggler #26 on: November 04, 2014, 04:02:38 PM

• FIMK Staff
    • View Profile
    • Krypto Fin ry
I see in your file path that you use the wallet from https://wallet.fimk.fi I looked at that and it seems to not have the latest version, we are fixing that.
To use Mofo Wallet from your browser it's best to go to http://mofowallet.com and launch it from there.
It always points you to the latest version which we host on a fast and secure CDN.
Hosting for the web version is expected to change but http://mofowallet.com will stay the same.

vamos2014 #27 on: November 05, 2014, 02:05:23 PM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
I have installed the client. The database for NXT has taken a lot of time to download.

But the worst thing is that when I open the client, the PC goes very slowly.

When I see the list of nodes, it seems that the PC is working very much trying to get connected to one and to other.

Is there any configuration that allows to calm a little the client and does not need so many resources of the PC?

Eliphaz Fimk #28 on: November 05, 2014, 03:05:49 PM

• FIMKrypto coordinator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FIMKrypto
The unstability of the mofo desktop client (Windows, at least) is an issue to be resolved soon.

It hogs 1.5 GB of memory on Win7 and stalls the system - maybe include client side peer request throttle limiter as first aid (Dirk?)

vamos2014 #29 on: November 05, 2014, 03:57:45 PM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
- maybe include client side peer request throttle limiter as first aid (Dirk?)

can it extend information?

I am translating English-Spanish and do not understand well what he proposes to me.

I have windows

Thank you