Author Topic: MofoWallet 0.4.1 released - FORGING & LEASING IMPROVEMENTS  (Read 5408 times)

Hyo #15 on: March 31, 2015, 03:59:02 PM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
am still struggling

if i try this there is no real response

~/mofowallet.linux64-0.4.1$ chmod +x mofowallet

and then this appears again

~/mofowallet.linux64-0.4.1$

if then i enter      mofowallet     it will say    command not found

if instead i try this ./mofowallet
it will say

error while loading shared libraries: libudev.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

i

Dirk Diggler #16 on: March 31, 2015, 05:27:00 PM

• FIMK Staff
    • View Profile
    • Krypto Fin ry
am still struggling
if i try this there is no real response
~/mofowallet.linux64-0.4.1$ chmod +x mofowallet
and then this appears again
~/mofowallet.linux64-0.4.1$
if then i enter      mofowallet     it will say    command not found
if instead i try this ./mofowallet
it will say
error while loading shared libraries: libudev.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
i

Mofowallet is based on node-webkit which uses webkit internally which is basically google chrome (when it comes to dependencies).
If you look here https://www.google.com/search?q=error+while+loading+shared+libraries%3A+libudev.so.0%3A+cannot+open+shared+object+file%3A+No+such+file+or+directory you'll find many people who ran into that same error.

To narrow the search down you could add "node-webkit" this seems to come closest to the problem you are experiencing https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/136

One word of warning though, you could of course go and try out all shell commands that are advised on the various blogs, but unless you know somewhat what you are doing you could risk messing up your system.

But on the other hand you learn best by doing.

Why dont you try the 32 bit version first, see if that works, I use pre-built node-webkit packages so am not up to speed with how the 32 or 64 bit versions are compiled. I'm on ubuntu as well and the 32 bit works perfectly.
FIMK Developer | GPG fingerprint: CEF2 7C39 43BE 6800 504E  71BC 7E87 A7B0 AC34 E2D5 | mofowallet.com | blog

Hyo #17 on: April 03, 2015, 06:14:17 AM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
This time when I clicked on the exec. There was a message that there is not application installed,
Is there any application you would suggest me to try on ubuntu?

chmod +x mofowallet

This command doesn't have any effect, do I maybe have to substitute the    x     with something else?

This is what I found, to solve the thing with shared libraries, should I try it. I read for security I should not use terminal when I don't know what I am doing!
;‚ÄĚThis error might happen when trying to use nw executable from Node Webkit. Like this:
./nw: error while loading shared libraries: libudev.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
How to solve:
1. Get hex editor that allows you to change ASCII string of binary, eg. hexedit:
In terminal(Ctrl+Alt+T), run: sudo apt-get install hexedit.
Follow instructions presented in terminal(type password if needed, confirm install).
2. Go to directory with node webkit:
In my case: cd ~/Dokumenty/node-webkit-*.
3. Open nw binary using hex editor command preceded with sudo:
Run: sudo hexedit nw.
4. Search for libudev.so.0 as ASCII string:
If using hexedit: Press Tab.
Press Ctrl+S.
Type: libudev.so.0.
5. Change 0 in libudev.so.0 string to 1, so it becomes: libudev.so.1:
Use arrow keys to select 0 in libudev.so.0 string.
Press 1 on keyboard.
6. Exit and save changes.
Press Ctrl+X.
Press Y to save changes.
You're done. This also fixes problem with Atraci binary when following same instructions except hex editing Atra
Or do you suggest me a different option of those that can be found on this link?
http://askubuntu.com/questions/288821/how-do-i-resolve-a-cannot-open-shared-object-file-libudev-so-0-error

hmmm maybe this here??

sudo apt-get install libudev1:i386 and then sudo ln -sf /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libudev.so.0

I tried linux 32 as well but Doesn't work for me.
When I check about this computer it definitely says linux64

pre-built node-webkit packages

Where can I find those and how to use?

ylo #18 on: April 07, 2015, 09:08:13 AM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
    Hi,

Couple of issues I ran into with Mofowallet (I gave up hope of using just the server, as I couldn't forge with it). With mofo forging is apparently working, but I have one issue to report and one question:

Changing the fimk server setting over mofowallet interface cripples the server. By modifying the setting (changed the ws socket) it creates a nxt.properties file with changed items, and restarting the server it will just crash. If I remove the nxt.properties from the folder then the server starts up fine. Also if the nxt.properties is in place, and I reload the fimk server settings form it will just show what is on nxt-default.properties file and ignore nxt.properties.[/li]

Why I get this all the time on the console after starting mofo?
Code: [Select]
[9599:0407/094701:INFO:CONSOLE(167)] "WebSocket connection to 'ws://localhost:7976/ws/' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED", source: file:///tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.dQN5le/scripts/services/mofo-socket.js (167)
By default the websocket is apparently configured to 7986 on server, why client is trying for 7976 too? It apparently tries for both, as crippling the server (as described on issue 1) gives me similar errors with both ports.

[edit] apparently list items do not work with code blocks on this editor

-y

Dirk Diggler #19 on: April 07, 2015, 09:23:46 AM

• FIMK Staff
    • View Profile
    • Krypto Fin ry
Hi,

Couple of issues I ran into with Mofowallet (I gave up hope of using just the server, as I couldn't forge with it). With mofo forging is apparently working, but I have one issue to report and one question:

Changing the fimk server setting over mofowallet interface cripples the server. By modifying the setting (changed the ws socket) it creates a nxt.properties file with changed items, and restarting the server it will just crash. If I remove the nxt.properties from the folder then the server starts up fine. Also if the nxt.properties is in place, and I reload the fimk server settings form it will just show what is on nxt-default.properties file and ignore nxt.properties.[/li][/list]

Why I get this all the time on the console after starting mofo?
Code: [Select]
[9599:0407/094701:INFO:CONSOLE(167)] "WebSocket connection to 'ws://localhost:7976/ws/' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED", source: file:///tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.dQN5le/scripts/services/mofo-socket.js (167)
By default the websocket is apparently configured to 7986 on server, why client is trying for 7976 too? It apparently tries for both, as crippling the server (as described on issue 1) gives me similar errors with both ports.

[edit] apparently list items do not work with code blocks on this editor
-y

You get that error because there is a small bug that causes the socket to keep trying to connect.
This is the case in the current released server and client packages.

I have this fixed in the development version where connections and (especially re-connecting) is done in a much better way.
We are working towards releasing new server and client (mofowallet) packages, it's probably not going to be done today.
Release will probably be tomorrow or the day after that.

Thanks for pointing it out, if you find any other flaws please let us know  ;D
FIMK Developer | GPG fingerprint: CEF2 7C39 43BE 6800 504E  71BC 7E87 A7B0 AC34 E2D5 | mofowallet.com | blog

Zlotnik #20 on: April 11, 2015, 10:11:48 PM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
Just a minor fix to look at

1. Date fix - Everywhere where should be 00:XX PM is 12:XX PM
2. Leasing history - refresh appear to doesn't work 

One common user suggestion.
When i'm sending FIMKs from account A to account B i go to account B address and click "send me FIM" but at this point i need to already know exact amount of FIMKs i want to send because i don't see my accounts balanses anymore. That's quite problematic when you want to use 5 or more digits and you need to go back to check and write down your balance on paper (you can't copy it when you have wallet password in memory already ;) ) to repeat action again.

Maybe there is other way to simplify this just by adding actual balance + value of last change of balance under FIMK Dashboard button and NXT Bashboard button (there could be option to choose one account to be default account). This way most imporant data would be availible any time. It would make life much easier.

Account-oriented client is quite logic after short time of testing but i still think it lacks someting like a main command center with basic stuff on hand ;) I have no idea how it could look like but moving all the time between specific options could become in future harder than now. I'll think more about it. But for now everything is really nice. I only miss that real-time new blocks comming - where you could see FIMK system living on your eyes ;) Hmm maybe you should like at client as a kind of game where you gather stuff and look like world of game is changing around you and how your balance is growing, or chances that your balance will grow go up or down ;)

BTW why not add blockchain game to it... ;) I'm a bit chaotic in my ideas sorry.

Dirk Diggler #21 on: April 12, 2015, 06:10:10 PM

• FIMK Staff
    • View Profile
    • Krypto Fin ry
Just a minor fix to look at

One common user suggestion.
When i'm sending FIMKs from account A to account B i go to account B address and click "send me FIM" but at this point i need to already know exact amount of FIMKs i want to send because i don't see my accounts balanses anymore. That's quite problematic when you want to use 5 or more digits and you need to go back to check and write down your balance on paper (you can't copy it when you have wallet password in memory already ;) ) to repeat action again.

Maybe there is other way to simplify this just by adding actual balance + value of last change of balance under FIMK Dashboard button and NXT Bashboard button (there could be option to choose one account to be default account). This way most imporant data would be availible any time. It would make life much easier.

Account-oriented client is quite logic after short time of testing but i still think it lacks someting like a main command center with basic stuff on hand ;) I have no idea how it could look like but moving all the time between specific options could become in future harder than now. I'll think more about it. But for now everything is really nice. I only miss that real-time new blocks comming - where you could see FIMK system living on your eyes ;) Hmm maybe you should like at client as a kind of game where you gather stuff and look like world of game is changing around you and how your balance is growing, or chances that your balance will grow go up or down ;)

BTW why not add blockchain game to it... ;) I'm a bit chaotic in my ideas sorry.

All valid points. To which unfortunately no simple solution exists. Fitting in (or better cramming in) the multi-account and multi-coin functionality is hard as it is. Which you seem to understand (not everyone does).

The use case of sending FIMK and not seeing your balance is something i've been thinking about before. I tend to lean towards displaying that information in the dialog instead.

I'll take your ideas in consideration, probably have to read them again, situation is a little hectic at the moment.

Dirk Diggler #22 on: April 13, 2015, 10:34:54 AM

• FIMK Staff
    • View Profile
    • Krypto Fin ry

If I recall correctly standard localized (region specific) date format is used which is determined by the js engine.
So it could be in your region (with your settings) you see one thing and another sees another thing.

That should be fixed (not aware it was broken) the spinning indicator seems to be started but this probably because the request comes back so quick you can't see it.

I was thinking perhaps a dropdown menu in the amount field that allows to enter your whole balance.

I agree all is not optimal and quite confusing still (talking about mofowallet UI in general), i've always planned to create a layer on top of the current UI that simplifies everything to its core functionality (maybe payments and messages) and make the current UI sort of the "advanced" view, but how to go about that in real-life remains difficult of course.

Ideas in that area are always appreciated.

Sure if you can up with it, if we re-introduce the plugin system maybe it could be made a plugin.

Hyo #23 on: April 15, 2015, 07:06:25 PM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
~/mofowallet.linux64-0.4.2$

This is where i get with Mofowallet.

what should i try then?