Author Topic: Warmach's Forging Pool  (Read 12070 times)

kani #15 on: September 01, 2015, 09:01:26 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
I've tested the lease stuff a bit and found that you can send a new lease transaction 1439 blocks before your lease expires.  This means that your balance will only be idle for a few blocks between leases. 

It gets better than that!

You can have one pending lease issued at any time during an active lease.  The pending lease will take effect as soon as the active lease has expired (assuming it has had 1440 blocks to mature).  Once the pending lease becomes the active lease, a new pending lease can be submitted.
BitShares - Your share in the Decentralized Exchange

warmach #16 on: September 01, 2015, 09:04:13 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
It gets better than that!

You can have one pending lease issued at any time during an active lease.  The pending lease will take effect as soon as the active lease has expired (assuming it has had 1440 blocks to mature).  Once the pending lease becomes the active lease, a new pending lease can be submitted.

Sweet!  I tried during an active lease but kept getting an error.  I assumed it was due to being over 1440 blocks.  I will have to revisit this...

Did you do add a pending lease via API call or using the Lompsa client?
Warmach's Forging Pool
http://fim.warmach.info/pool/
May the forge be with you...

kani #17 on: September 01, 2015, 09:12:27 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Did you do add a pending lease via API call or using the Lompsa client?

I just send a new lease transaction using the Lompsa client.  API call would probably work, too.

As far as I know, there is no good way to actually view pending leases in the client.

kani #18 on: September 01, 2015, 09:52:33 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Let me illustrate:

1: Submit the first lease and wait 1440 blocks.
2: Once lease is active, submit a new one which becomes pending (do with at least 1440 block left in active to avoid any inactive balance)
   -- note: if a new lease is issued before the pending becomes active, the pending is overwritten with the new.
3: When the active lease expires, the pending becomes the new active.
4: Repeat from 2.

dance #19 on: September 01, 2015, 11:48:28 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
1: Submit the first lease and wait 1440 blocks.
2: Once lease is active, submit a new one which becomes pending (do with at least 1440 block left in active to avoid any inactive balance)
Yep, that will work for now.
FIMK: dance

warmach #20 on: September 02, 2015, 12:31:35 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile

As far as I know, there is no good way to actually view pending leases in the client.

I used the client with no problem.  Thanks for the tip! 

I didn't see either a way to see pending leases.  On the other hand, my pool scripts queries the API.  The API just added the new lease length onto the existing lease.  So, now my account is leased to the pool for 41287 blocks.  Looks like API returns total lease(s) length.  I wonder how it would be different if I set a pending lease to lease to a another account....  Hmm... 
Warmach's Forging Pool

farcurlew #21 on: September 09, 2015, 04:13:12 AM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
Thanks for setting this up. Until the latest releases I had no trouble forging. Now it is a different story.
Your pool simplified things for me.

warmach #22 on: September 09, 2015, 02:15:47 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Thanks for setting this up. Until the latest releases I had no trouble forging. Now it is a different story.
Your pool simplified things for me.

I am happy I could help.  This makes it worth the effort!
Warmach's Forging Pool

warmach #23 on: September 26, 2015, 08:19:57 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
I have removed the "BETA" tag from the pool.  We've been running several months without any software issues. 

Now that the basic functionality of the pool is in place, I'd like to do some more development on it to add features.  I plan to work on an auto-payout on lease end first.  Please feel free to chime in with other features you may like to see included.
Warmach's Forging Pool

dance #24 on: January 01, 2016, 10:34:57 AM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Pool is not working?

warmach #25 on: January 01, 2016, 02:42:44 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Pool is not working?

The live server can be picky.  For some reason, that I have not yet figured out, the FIM process dies.  Because of this, I have a backup server running that continues to forge even though the main server process stopped.  I have restarted it and the server will need to catch up on blocks forged and then issue payout requests.  I am sorry about this.  I am trying to figure out what the best solution is going forward. 

I am sorry I missed this.  My wedding anniversary and new year distracted me from keeping an eye on it.
Warmach's Forging Pool

warmach #26 on: January 01, 2016, 03:43:56 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Happy New Year!

Thanks for all those forging with my pool.  At our height we had 9 lessors, including myself.  I look forward to what this coming year has in store. 

I wanted to give you a few updates on the pool. 

1.  The live server seems to have an issue that kills the FIM process at random.  It could be 12 hours or 12 days before it happens again.  This makes it hard to troubleshoot.  Rest assured that forging never stops.  I have two backup FIM clients running that forge for the pool.  The backup clients only forge and do not process payouts.  I am considering scrapping the live server and moving to my more reliable backup servers.

2.  I had been starting development of new features but realized that the current Perl scripts were very limited in what they could handle.  I have decided to re-code the pool software to use Python.  This will make future development easier and quicker.  I am currently in the process of re-coding and testing.

I will post as I have more info to pass along. 

Warmach's Forging Pool

Dirk Diggler #27 on: January 01, 2016, 03:55:37 PM

• FIMK Staff
    • View Profile
    • Krypto Fin ry
Perhaps you could try running FIMK from an upstart script and have it auto-restart on shutdown.
Then from a post-start stanza http://upstart.ubuntu.com/cookbook/#post-start run a script or single command line command to start forging.

There is a working example here https://github.com/fimkrypto/fimk_chef_repo/blob/master/cookbooks/fimk/templates/default/fimk.conf.erb.
Thats a part of our chef deployment setup.
FIMK Developer | GPG fingerprint: CEF2 7C39 43BE 6800 504E  71BC 7E87 A7B0 AC34 E2D5 | mofowallet.com | blog

dance #28 on: January 01, 2016, 05:48:01 PM

• Senior Fimker
    • View Profile
Happy New Year!

Thanks for all those forging with my pool.  At our height we had 9 lessors, including myself.  I look forward to what this coming year has in store. 

I wanted to give you a few updates on the pool. 

1.  The live server seems to have an issue that kills the FIM process at random.  It could be 12 hours or 12 days before it happens again.  This makes it hard to troubleshoot.  Rest assured that forging never stops.  I have two backup FIM clients running that forge for the pool.  The backup clients only forge and do not process payouts.  I am considering scrapping the live server and moving to my more reliable backup servers.

2.  I had been starting development of new features but realized that the current Perl scripts were very limited in what they could handle.  I have decided to re-code the pool software to use Python.  This will make future development easier and quicker.  I am currently in the process of re-coding and testing.

I will post as I have more info to pass along.
ok, happy New Year too!

Zska #29 on: January 01, 2016, 08:34:10 PM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
Thank you for making that pool and keeping it alive. I'll keep leasing to you.

Happy new year to all!