Author Topic: Old FIMK Secret Phrase (1 year) Does Not Work on Current Lompsa  (Read 201 times)

zibrus on: February 24, 2017, 03:02:11 AM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Sorry I'm a bit of a newb. I had a friend that hasn't accessed her account since February 2016 (yes a full year ago). Entering in 8 word secret phrase on Lompsa.com no longer gets to the same or correct account.

Also, I had since sold mine out, but to troubleshoot my old secret phrase also does not pull up the correct account.

Is there a way to access the old FIMK accounts with the old secret phrases?

Thanks in advance.

zach
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 03:35:25 AM by zibrus »

eRoh #1 on: February 24, 2017, 08:15:46 AM

• Grand Fimker
    • View Profile
Any whitespace differences? Try e.g. with/without newline at the end of the string, etc. ...
FIM-34B3-PWY5-TMHC-9JYW8

zibrus #2 on: February 24, 2017, 08:30:33 AM

• Fresh Fimker
    • View Profile
Thanks eRoh,

By noob I meant only with Fimk, not with computers in general.

I will check again as you have suggested... I have already peered over everything several times. It was 8 eight words separated by single spaces. No spaces in the beginning... no spaces at the end. I'll check for accidental enters or newlines.

*Didn't know if there had been major changes over the last year that would have made the old pass phrases non-usable.

zach
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:35:40 AM by zibrus »

eRoh #3 on: February 25, 2017, 09:54:20 AM

• Grand Fimker
    • View Profile
*Didn't know if there had been major changes over the last year that would have made the old pass phrases non-usable.

Maybe Dirk can confirm, but I think trailing newlines were prevented in some older versions. Besides that, I wouldn't think there are any other differences in the passphrase handling.
FIM-34B3-PWY5-TMHC-9JYW8